Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summer Vacation Part III: Some marching and a book

In line with some feelings of camaraderie, I figured I would try another 40 km marching in Kongsberg to see if a little less hilly routes would feel better than the Trondheim-Værnes march. Had it not been for my slight miscalculation in weight, it might have gone easier. 16 kg was a bit much but doable. And mad props to E for trudging with me.=)
Around the tree.....
Sushi anyone!
















So feet, check and cheque! So after this nice little walk, timely, the rest of the vacation  was spent in Kongsberg and cabin in South Norway. Great weather and food everyday! We ( T and E) made some incredible home made Sushi. Definitely restaurant worthy! And what of intellectual exploits? Well some computer gaming was in order on those rainy days (who are we kidding), but I did manage to get through 1 book which I can highly recommend. Hugh Dundas´autobiography, a fighter pilot in WWII, is entertaining, well written and spot on. I probably should have gotten through many more books but I imagine some poor Trondheim weather will facilitate that.


He did what!?